this is the year of | expand.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

one little word {2012}.

I M M E R S E
 im·merse [ih-murs]
verb (used with object), -mersed, -mersing

1. to plunge into or place under a liquid; dip; sink
2. to involve deeply; absorb

2012 is going to be the year of immersion for me. I would like to say that I chose my word, but in actuality I believe my word chose me. In fact, it just came to me last night. Movie night with the family had just finished up and I was walking up to bed. And, it hit me... this is the first time in a while that you put yourself, immersed yourself, into your own life. 
It felt good to sit around watching a movie with my whole family. It felt good to let my worries slip away and just laugh at everything that was going on while sitting there. 
I've decided that I need to do this more often. Immerse myself in all that my life offers. I need to involve myself. I need to play with my puppy more. I need to listen more. I need to be silly more. I need to document more. And, maybe every once in awhile... throw in a family movie night or two. 
So, I'm going to be rolling through 2012 with immerse on my mind and in my heart. Let's make this year a great one! 


xoxo - Kasey


No comments:

Post a Comment