this is the year of | expand.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

the statue and the dress.

Yippee! Two blog posts in a row. That never happens 'round here.
It's been a very busy and tiring day at my house. I woke up relatively early this morning so that I could pack everything together that I'd need for the day. Then around nine it was off to my school to help with the car wash. The car wash will help raise money for my class trip.
After that, I needed to be at one of the local high schools to participate in the relay races. I ran in a number of races and was out of breath by the time it was finished. I was so worn out and tired that I didn't even stay for the award presentation. Geez, I sound like an old lady. lol.
I hadn't eaten all morning and just wanted to get home so that I could get some food in me. So, that's what I did.

I have two layouts to share today, though. So I hope you enjoy them...





































































Made using Studio Calico's: Granny's Cupboard kit. Maya road stick pins and AC thickers and Color Box pigment ink. This layout was a scraplift of this one: Spirit & Spunk by Diane (dpayne). There was a challenge in the Studio Calico "Challenge Central" forum to scraplift the person above you and Diane was above me. :)




















































Made using Studio Calico's: Granny's Cupboard kit. The idea for the drawn lines on the background paper came from this layout: W by Stephanie Wheeler (livingroomfloor). She used an overlay. I did not have one, though.

Thanks so much for looking everyone!

Have a great Saturday. xoxo - Kasey

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey!! You have been busy!! Wonderful LO's!! Such a great flower and love the little butterfly, on the first LO. Great idea with the lines on the second LO! Always great to get back to basics and create what can be store bought!! It must have taken lots of time. Great ribbon pleating too! Have a great weekend. Your dress is very beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for the lift! I looove NYC. I'm going in the fall, and this layout just made me REALLY excited about it.

    ReplyDelete